If you’re new to our forums, welcome! Please read the official community rules: http://forums.hiddenparlor.com/discussion/8/community-rules

Community Input Needed: Online Role-Playing & In-Character Email List Policy

THP_JessicaK
THP_JessicaK
Thank you for response to our Member Volunteer Incentive Program. We are still gathering input and plan to revise the document based on your feedback.

We also wanted to share our Online RP / Email List policy in order to get feedback, answer questions, or address concerns. Since we play in a global chronicle that spans across multiple cities, in-character communications across different chapters can help with building connectivity. At the same time, we recognize the potential for such a platform to be misused and take the focus away from the in-person game. Our intent is to set guidelines for how the Internet (via discussion "lists" and online scenes) may or may not be used within our LARP.

Feel free to leave your comments here or on the Google Doc. We urge you to leave comments here as Facebook is hard to navigate when a flood of posts come along on the Whisper Board. Your comments may be missed on Facebook it's not our intention just the truth of the matter.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T_BGBpx7aIlQsM8a5IruaPFQ-8N-7OgZ_gfk4X9bAWA/edit?usp=sharing
Jessica Karels Developer, The Hidden Parlor Facebook|Twitter

Comments

• coderedgames
    coderedgames
    Participant Ghoul
    I like the idea that Los Angeles has been doing of no roleplay on the internet and no proxies. A lot of our players are using the us postal service or phone to roleplay. As well as actual meeting.
  • MrFoxwind
    MrFoxwind
    Participant Ghoul
    coderedgames;38" said:
    I like the idea that Los Angeles has been doing of no roleplay on the internet and no proxies. A lot of our players are using the us postal service or phone to roleplay. As well as actual meeting.
    That idea works great for standard communication. It quickly becomes tedious for a scene that would theoretically happen in person, but can't actually happen because of logistical reasons (time constraints, location, etc)
  • CGosline
    CGosline
    Participant, Moderator Ghoul
    As someone who doesn't have a chapter but is working on a character. I would like to make sure we do some email proxys and the like to help me interact a bit.

Carl Gosline
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________