If you’re new to our forums, welcome! Please read the official community rules: http://forums.hiddenparlor.com/discussion/8/community-rules

Community Input Needed: Code of Conduct

THP_JessicaK
THP_JessicaK
We wanted to put together a guide both of the behaviors that we want to highlight in our community as well as those that we want to avoid. Here's a working draft of our code of conduct -

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zN_RDShjO11r17W-BBEY8jCOVKi_IVb2I1GPcXCJ1Hs/edit?usp=sharing

We're still in the process of putting together a disciplinary/ombudsman process for handling behavioral concerns, which is why that part is left as "TBD" in the document.

Feel free to leave your comments here or on the Google Doc. We urge you to leave comments here as Facebook is hard to navigate when a flood of posts come along on the Whisper Board. Your comments may be missed on Facebook it's not our intention just the truth of the matter.
Jessica Karels Developer, The Hidden Parlor Facebook|Twitter

Comments

• Drakon
    Drakon
    Participant Ghoul
    This one is easy - there is only One Rule: Don't Be a Douche. That is all.
  • FreeStateAnarch
    FreeStateAnarch
    Participant Ghoul
    Question about the hate speech: Can you play a racist PC or not then?
  • THP_JessicaK
    THP_JessicaK
    admin Ghoul
    FreeStateAnarch;86" said:
    Question about the hate speech: Can you play a racist PC or not then?
    The code refers to hate speech against players. However, there is the concern that someone will attempt to disguise player harassment as in-character harassment. If you intend to play a racist character and there are people of color at the game, I recommend reaching out to them to find out what their comfort zones are first.
    Jessica Karels Developer, The Hidden Parlor Facebook|Twitter
  • FreeStateAnarch
    FreeStateAnarch
    Participant Ghoul
    Makes sense. And no I'm not playing any racist PCs. But you said "people of color" which would sort of indicate that its ok for non white person to play a bigoted character without checking first? I mean what if someone is playing a minority who hates whites? Or other minorities? What of sexism?